Resident Pool is a new kind of liquidity mining.
As a user you will gain access to network emission by holding a protocol property.
Protocol property is a slot in a smart contract that provides you access to the liquidity incentive token inventory of the finance.vote protocol.
Resident Pool uses ‘Harberger Taxes’ to broker ownership of these slots in an on-going manner.
What are Harberger Taxes?
Harberger Taxes are a proposed economic paradigm for improving the allocation efficiency of land by allowing a purchaser to be able to buy any property they like, at any time.
The idea, proposed by Glen Weyl and Eric Posner is an economic paradigm that promotes property holders to self-assess the value of their property. If a purchaser values the property higher than the current owner, they can take ownership of the property. In other words, every property is always on sale.
It is a tax, because the owners pay a tax based on the declared valuation of their property, effectively designing their own tax regime with higher taxes protecting their property from sale.
We use a slightly different technical implementation, but the goal remains the same:
Users declare two variables when staking their claim on a protocol property:
- Deposit Amount — The amount of LP tokens they are willing to stake.
- Burn Rate — The amount of LP tokens they are willing to pay in taxes.
- Alice sees that Lot 8 is unoccupied. And occupies this slot by staking 100 LP tokens and setting a zero burn rate.
- Later, Bob sees that Lot 8, is the lowest valued of the other 50 Lots in the Resident Pool. He Occupies Alice’s Lot, by staking 150 LP tokens and declaring a 1 LP burn rate.
- This values Bob’s slot in the middle of the pack, meaning that there are several other Lots at a lower price than his and therefore ‘protecting’ it from occupancy.
How many tokens do I get?
Tokens are emitted in what we call “pulsed liquidity mining”. Each pulse is a set amount of tokens, that will be determined by governance vote. Tokens are emitted with a quadratic drop off throughout the period of the pulse, meaning that there is a higher amount of tokens at the beginning of the pulse than there is at the end. Where you enter and exit the pulse determines how many tokens you get.
The tokens in the pulse are shared equally among the slots.
- 2 million tokens are emitted in a pulse lasting one month, with a resident pool of 50 lots.
- Alice holds a slot from the first block of this pulse to the last and therefore obtains 40 thousand tokens (i.e. 2,000,000/50 = 40,000).
- Bob occupies a slot towards the end of the pulse, and is quoted an Average Pulse Expected Percentage Yield (APE PY) of 8,300 tokens and holds through to the next cycle, where he occupies a slot for the entire pulse in the next round, returning 48,300 tokens.
We have chosen a pulsed approach because it provides options to link these parameters to influence.vote, giving users the ability to tune future liquidity mining programmes.
The Launch Sequence
The Incentivised Test
Resident pool has been in test for several weeks following a thorough contract audit by Halborn.
Since last week it has been on the Ropsten testnet, where a small community based FVT testing team has been exploring the tool.
This week the Ropsten based Resident Pool will be released to Ethereum based citizens, where they will engage in a week long incentivised test.
In order to take part citizens must obtain Uniswap LP tokens from the Ropsten based rFVT pool, which they will use to stake in Resident Pool.
The top 5 yield earning citizens will share a $2k pot of FVT.
The Citizens Vote
Ethereum citizens will have till Friday 14th to explore the token economics and get a feel for the system before an influence.vote based Citizens Vote, will open on Friday following the close of the test.
Each ID will have 100 $I to quadratically vote on a list of potential options to be determined through dialogue in the token gated ETH Citizens Group.
This vote will close at midnight UTC on Sunday 16th May.
The outcome of this vote will determine the launch parameters of the mainnet launch
The Mainnet Launch
The mainnet launch of Resident Pool will take place at midday 12pm UTC on Monday 17th May
Ethereum Citizens will determine:
- The number of slots in Resident Pool
- The number of tokens emitted in a pulse.
- The initial pulse height.
- The pulse length
finance.vote is a decentralised organisation, which builds voting tools for the Decentralised Finance (DeFi) space. Its cryptocurrency FVT is used as a governance token, which gives users power over the future of the network. The goal of finance.vote is to help people create digital democracies, which are owned and controlled by the users.
Join the DAO
markets.vote (Prediction Market): https://markets.vote
Join our Unofficial Telegram Discussion channel: https://t.me/financedotvote and
Join our official token gated community: the Citizens Chamber. You need to mint a decentralised identity token to join.
Join our Community Call: at 3pm UTC every Friday in the unofficial group.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/financedotvote
Follow us on Medium: https://financedotvote.medium.com